DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE MIXING/ AGITATORS AND PERSITALTIC HOSE PUMPS
AFX Mixing and Pumping Technologies Inc.
Maple Ridge, BC
Are you organized, do you enjoy problem solving, finding solutions, working with multiple projects, and seeing designs turn into final products? Come work for a dynamic, growing brand and learn multiple departments within a small organization.
AFX Mixing and Pumping Technologies is a global leader in mixing and agitation equipment, with over 30 years of experience manufacturing and designing large agitators and peristaltic pumps. We distribute products to the North American market; we pride ourselves on service and great quality. We service industries from the mining, chemical, food & beverage, pulp and paper, water treatment and pharmaceutical. Help us deliver excellence within our team, with our customers, industries, and our global community.
We are looking for a motivated, self driven, independent, hard-working individual to assist in our sales department and be apart of team-oriented organization. While learning the effective processes and systems within the organization must be technically minded and intrigued by mechanical/ process engineering. The right candidate can grow and will receive more responsibility within the organization.
· Coordinate with sales teams, and technical team to develop and write winning proposals from initial RFP review process through to proposal submissions
· Formulates competitive bids/estimates/ quotations, considering best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation. Ensure tenders are well documented in a timey manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
· Manages the preparation of all technical (e.g.) defining the most suitable technology and product type(s), financial (e.g., total price sheet, cash flow analysis and if necessary, project management (e.g., quantifies hours of engineering and commissioning) aspects of the bid / estimation preparation such as translations and governmental approvals.
· Collects and archives documentation regarding the offer/ order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process. Regularly reports the status of the bids/ estimates/ quotation using defined tools and collects and analysis the reason for tenders being lost and won,
· Identify potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates and in any related contract agreements across customer/ channels.
· Provides any necessary technical support to Sales Manager during technical meetings with client
· Identifies potential vendors for equipment and materials required in the project and technically evaluates supplier offers to check match with specifications
· Collaborates with Supply Chain management to coordinate requests to subcontractors.
· Communicate and coordinate designs of equipment with various departments in global organization.
· Engineering diploma / Engineering experience, or have worked within a manufacturing organization
· You have a diploma or degree in English/ Communications/Business/ Marketing/ Engineering or other relevant programs or an equivalent combination of 1-2 years of professional work experience managing and developing technical corporate proposals
· Strong technical writing skills including copywriting, editing, grammar, style, spelling punctuation and proofreading.
· Ability to read and understand technical drawings and data sheets
· Experience in reading, evaluating, and responding to RFQ’s, RFI etc
· Ability to work in all Microsoft programs
· Ability to identify and execute continuous improvement initiative to be able to respond to customer enquiries more efficient and effective.
· Proactive and take initiative with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be a team player who can work independently.
The location and working hours:
AFX Mixing and Pumping Technologies Inc is in Maple Ride, we are offering a 40-hour work week Monday to Friday 08:00 AM – 4:30 PM
If you are a fast learner with a “can do” attitude, reliable, accountable, and trustworthy, then this might be the perfect position for you. There are opportunities to take on more responsibility in the organization for the right candidate. Please apply with a resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
No Phone Calls please
Only applicants that are consider for the position will be contacted. Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and why you would like to work at AFX Mixing & Pumping Technologies Inc.
We thank you for applying and taking interest in our position in advance.